1 Timothy 3 | Index
The Bible - 1 Timothy 4
1 Timothy 5
- Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
- Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
- Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
- For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
- For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
- If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
- But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
- For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
- This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
- For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
- These things command and teach.
- Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
- Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
- Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
- Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
- Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
Download Free Bible